Bar Harbor, Maine (October 21, 2021) - Seven Bar Harbor Bank & Trust employees were recently recognized by the Bank’s Senior Executive Team and Chairman of the Board of Directors David Woodside at the Bank’s annual Chairman’s Dinner and Celebration, held October 1 in Bar Harbor, Maine. The event is dedicated to recognizing employees who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership.
The Chairman’s Award, which is the event’s highest honor, was presented to Steve Gurin, Senior Vice President and Director of Community Banking, and Joe Schmitt, Senior Vice President and Director of Marketing. The award winners are selected by the Chairman of the Board of Directors in recognition of the employees’ consistent display of the Bank’s brand behaviors, strategic thinking, perseverance through challenges, ability to motivate, and several other factors.
“Steve and Joe exemplify outstanding leadership and consistently go above and beyond to ensure the success of their teams, colleagues, and our customers,” stated Curtis C. Simard, President and CEO of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust. “Both of them stepped up in a big way during the COVID-19 pandemic, with Steve leading the Bank’s participation in the Paycheck Protection Program and Joe driving all of the internal and external communications. They navigated the ever evolving demands that the pandemic had on the Bank’s operations while also keeping their focus on what we needed to do to achieve future success.”
Steve has been with the Bank for seven years and is responsible for leading a team of community bankers charged with helping entrepreneurs find the right financing and deposit solutions for their small businesses. He is located in Ellsworth, Maine. Joe joined the Bank in 2017 and is responsible for leading and deploying the Bank’s marketing strategy as well as optimizing customers’ experience. He is located in Bar Harbor, Maine.
In addition to The Chairman’s Award, the Bank’s Senior Executive Team presented the Emerging Leader Award to five employees who are not only high performers but also display high potential for growth in the organization. The recipients of the 2021 Emerging Leader Award are:
- Jayme Demers, Vice President, Retail Delivery Strategic Initiatives. She has been with the Bank for three years and is located in Norwood, Massachusetts.
- Alison DiPaola, Vice President, Human Resources Manager. She has been with the Bank for eight years and is located in Newport, New Hampshire.
- Raelene Garrow, Vice President, Retail Lending Operations Manager. She joined the Bank in 2020 and is located in Newport, New Hampshire.
- Zac Riitano, Vice President, Portfolio Manager. He has been with the Bank for eight years and is located in Bangor, Maine.
- Bryan Sanford, Vice President, Senior Investment Officer at Charter Trust Company, a subsidiary of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust. He has been with Charter Trust for 12 years and is located in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Bar Harbor Bankshares (NYSE American: BHB) is the parent company of its wholly owned subsidiary, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust. Operating over 50 locations across Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine and has more than $3.6 billion in assets. As a leading Northern New England community bank, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust offers a full range of personal and business banking services, as well as wealth management services through its subsidiaries Bar Harbor Trust Services and Charter Trust Company. For more information about Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, visit www.barharbor.bank or call 888-853-7100. Member FDIC.