Your safety is important to us. As a result, we are taking several steps to protect you and the Bar Harbor Bank & Trust team serving you.
Steps we are taking - Updated
- For Maine and New Hampshire Customers: Effective March 20, for the well-being of our employees and customers and to assist with social distancing, all branch services will temporarily transition to drive-up service only. All in-person transactions will be temporarily conducted at our branch drive-up windows or inside branches by appointment only.
- Most transactions will be able to be performed at a branch drive-up or over the phone. If you would like to make an appointment to come into a branch, please visit our locations page to contact your local branch. For locations without a drive-up window, we will be limiting the number of customers inside the branch at any given time.
- For Vermont Customers: Effective March 26, in accordance with Vermont Governor Phil Scott’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order, all lobbies in our Vermont branches will be temporarily closed and accessible by appointment only. Drive up locations in Vermont will be open for regular transactions.
- The following Vermont drive ups are open to serve you: Bethel/Royalton, Pittsford, Randolph Justin Morgan Office, Rutland, and the Woodstock Drive Up. Please visit our locations page to contact your local branch.
- The following Vermont lobby-only branches will be available by appointment only: Brandon, Randolph Main Street, Rochester, South Royalton, Williamstown, and Woodstock Bond Street. Please visit our locations page to contact your local branch.
- Our Customer Contact Center remains open and ready to assist you. You can reach them by calling 888-853-7100.
- Many of our employees are working remotely to minimize face-to-face contact. Those employees can be contacted directly or by calling the Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100.
- We have instructed all employees who are not working remotely and who are feeling ill to stay home.
- We continue to ensure our branches, offices, and ATMs are properly cleaned and disinfected diligently and regularly.
- We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and ensure their safety and that of our customers.
Steps you can take
Bank from home 24/7
- Use Bar Harbor Online or Bar Harbor Mobile to deposit checks, pay bills, check balances, transfer funds, and more. Learn more about our online and mobile services.
- Call our Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100 for assistance. Customer Service Center hours are 7:30 am-5:30 pm Monday – Friday and 8:00 am-Noon on Saturday.
- Visit the websites listed below to stay informed about the Coronavirus.
- Follow these preventative actions to help prevent the spread of the disease:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
Beware of scams
- Be aware of specific coronavirus related scam information by visiting the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
- Never provide your login ID or passwords in response to an unsolicited request that you receive via email, text, or phone. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust will never ask you for this information without your prompting.
As the situation evolves, these sites can be a resource for you to obtain the latest information: