Your safety is important to us. As a result, we are taking several steps to protect you and the Bar Harbor Bank & Trust team serving you.
Click here to read a letter from Bar Harbor Bank & Trust President & CEO Curtis C. Simard.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust lobbies will transition to our normal operating model on Monday, June 15. Branches will all be open their normal hours with full lobby access. Drive-up service, night deposit, and ATM services continue to be available.
To safely address the reopening of our lobbies, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is following guidance developed by the CDC, OSHA, and other government agencies. We are implementing these best practices to ensure the continued safety of our employees and customers. To help you prepare for your in-branch visit, below is an initial list of what to expect when you visit one of our lobbies.
- Signage and floor markers inside the branch will help guide you to maintain 6 feet physical distance from employees and others.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask/covering when you enter the branch and will be asked to remove it briefly so that we can properly identify you.
- We will limit the number of customers within the lobby at any time. If the maximum of customers waiting for service is met, you will be asked to wait outside until another customer exits the branch.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for customer use throughout the branch, and we have instituted consistent cleaning protocols.
- To limit exposure, we have temporarily removed many of the lobby items that you may be familiar with, such as coffee stations, brochures, transaction tickets, etc.
- If the branch has a double door, please enter the branch using the right hand side. When exiting the branch, use the door on your right hand side.
- Waiting areas in lobbies will be temporarily closed.
Please visit our Locations Page for a list of branches, hours of operation, and contact information.
As a business customer or business owner, you may be wondering what your relief options are. We encourage you to connect with your Commercial Lender. They can discuss the different options, including government-sponsored SBA programs, and develop a solution specifically for your needs. If you don’t currently have a loan relationship with us, please contact your local branch and they will connect you with a lender who can help you.
- SBA Government Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance
- SBA Debt Relief
- Loan Modifications and Payment Deferrals
Visit our COVID-19 Business Resources page for more details and additional resources.
Remote banking options including online banking, mobile banking, and ATMs are great ways to access your accounts during the pandemic. Click on the items below to learn more about each product or service. To see a full list of our remote banking options, click here.
Products and Services
Bar Harbor Online1
Our online banking portal gives you 24/7
access to view account activity, pay bills,
transfer funds, and more.
Bar Harbor Mobile1
Download our mobile app to your web-enabled mobile device and do your banking from
the palm of your hand.
Make point-of-sale purchases from your checking account anywhere your card is accepted or
use your card to get cash at an ATM.
Bar Harbor Card Control1
This mobile app allows you to monitor your
debit card usage, turn your card off an on,
set custom alerts, and more.
Mobile Check Deposit1,2
Deposit checks into your account using
your smartphone's camera and
the Bar Harbor Mobile app.
Withdraw money and deposit checks from
our network of ATMs in Maine,
New Hampshire & Vermont.
1 Internet service provider fees and/or mobile carrier fees for messaging and data plans may apply.
2 To qualify for Mobile Deposit, customers must maintain a Bank deposit account in good standing for 60 or more days and are enrolled in Online Banking. Deposit limits and other restrictions may apply.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Our Customer Contact Center remains open and ready to assist you. You can reach them by calling 888-853-7100.
For Business Customers
If you are a business customer or business owner wondering what your relief options are, we encourage you to connect with one of our lenders. They can discuss the different options, including government-sponsored SBA options, that are available and will develop a solution specifically for your needs. Visit our Commercial Banking Team page to connect with a lender.
For Mortgage Customers
If you are a consumer who has questions regarding mortgage loan payment options, please contact our Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100, and they will connect you with a dedicated team member who will work with you to review all of the options available and build a solution for your particular situation.
To reach an employee working remotely
Many of our employees are working remotely to minimize face-to-face contact. Those employees can be contacted directly or by calling the Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100.
As the situation evolves, these sites can be a resource for you to obtain the latest information:
- IRS: Economic Impact Payments
- The Center for Disease Control
- The World Health Organization
- State of Maine Update and Resources
- State of New Hampshire Update and Resources
- State of Vermont Update and Resources
Beware of scams
- Be aware of specific coronavirus related scam information by visiting the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
- Never provide your login ID or passwords in response to an unsolicited request that you receive via email, text, or phone. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust will never ask you for this information without your prompting.