We are here for you
Greetings from Bar Harbor Bank & Trust,
Over the course of the past few weeks, the situation around our country and our communities has required all of us to remain very fluid in our decision making. Our responsibility to adapt to these conditions in order to serve our customers and communities while remaining safe is extremely important to us. The strength of our teams, our foundation of strong relationships, and a model that says working with customers is the only way to bank are the fundamentals of our ability to make these needed adaptations. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust thinks about banking differently, and our colleagues have been relentlessly committed to creating solutions to meet your needs during these unusual times.
- Our branches have remained open with regular hours, by appointment as necessary. We have had loan closings in parking lots and even performed a wedding at a drive-up window.
- Over the past few years, we have significantly increased our convenience banking options in order to make sure our customers can safely access their accounts and our services when they want to. This includes debit card creation at every branch, phone apps that allow you to monitor and control your digital wallets, and online banking that helps you pay bills and manage all of your global funds anytime or from anywhere.
- Our branch and call center teams have been assisting customers that are more traditionally comfortable by phone while proactively reaching out to help customers better utilize online tools and many others that are available.
- We have provided additional resources to support our employees as they continue to serve you during this time. These include protective measures such as masks, hygiene shields and building walk-up teller stations at multiple locations to safely serve customers. We have provided additional Paid Time Off in an effort to help those unable to work from home manage child or elder care responsibilities.
- Like many banks, we have put significant resources into supporting and implementing the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Our team has been working 7 days a week and has successfully processed every request received and distributed all proceeds to small businesses in our communities. The SBA forgiveness process is the next hurdle that we will work through together.
- We continue to adjust terms and make new loans outside of the PPP based on the specific needs of each customer and an understanding of each unique situation.
- We have increased our charitable giving with a focus on supporting organizations that are addressing the immediate needs of the current environment. There are extraordinary nonprofit organizations stepping up to address the increased demand for assistance and we are honored to support them in their efforts.
- We have been tracking the re-opening guidelines in all of our communities and implementing new policies so that you can rest assured that we will always be informed, proactive, and measured.
At Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, we believe that good things happen when we work together. We are proud to be a cornerstone of our communities – a source of calm, support, help, and stability. Over the last 130 years, we have helped the communities we serve navigate more than one crisis, and the current situation is no different in that regard. We will continue to work together throughout this crisis and beyond.
While there is much uncertainty in the world right now, I assure you that our bank is doing everything it can to support our customers and employees. On behalf of my tremendous colleagues, know that we are here for you and please contact us if we can help in any way.
Curtis C. Simard
President & CEO
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust
Get all the latest updates and information on available resources here.