The health and safety of our customers, colleagues, and communities remain a priority. Please reference the sections below to see how COVID-19 is impacting our operations and learn about the resources available to help you.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust branches are open during their normal hours with full lobby access. Drive-up service, night deposit, and ATM services are also available.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is following guidance developed by the CDC, OSHA, other government agencies, and state and local municipalities. We are implementing these best practices to ensure the continued safety of our employees and customers. To help you prepare for your in-branch visit, below is an initial list of what to expect when you visit one of our lobbies.
We kindly require that you wear a mask when visiting our branches if you are not fully vaccinated. This applies to all of our branch locations with the following exceptions:
- Hanover, NH - all visitors are required to wear a mask indoors per the Town of Hanover mask mandate
- Woodstock, VT - all visitors are required to wear a mask indoors per the Village of Woodstock mask mandate
We encourage you to maintain 6 feet physical distance from employees and others.
Sanitation and Cleaning
- For the foreseeable future, we will continue with most of the measures currently in place such as enhanced cleaning protocols and plexiglass dividers
- Hand sanitizer will be available for customer user throughout the branch
Please visit our Locations Page for a list of branches, hours of operation, and contact information.
If you are a business customer or business owner, we encourage you to connect with your Commercial Lender to learn about the different relief options, including government-sponsored SBA programs, available to you. If you don’t currently have a loan relationship with us, please contact your local branch, and they will connect you with a lender who can help you.
- SBA Government Programs
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance
- SBA Debt Relief
- Loan Modifications and Payment Deferrals
Visit our COVID-19 Business Resources page for more details and additional resources.
Remote banking options including online banking, mobile banking, and ATMs are great ways to access your accounts without visiting a branch. Click on the items below to learn more about each product or service. See a full list of our remote banking options.
Products and Services
Bar Harbor Online1
Our online banking portal gives you 24/7 access to view account activity, pay bills, transfer funds, and more.
Bar Harbor Mobile1
Download our mobile app to your web-enabled mobile device and do your banking from the palm of your hand.
Make point-of-sale purchases from your checking account anywhere your card is accepted or use your card to get cash at an ATM.
Bar Harbor Card Control1
This mobile app allows you to monitor your debit card usage, turn your card off and on, set custom alerts, and more.
Mobile Check Deposit1,2
Deposit checks into your account using your smartphone's camera and the Bar Harbor Mobile app.
Withdraw money and deposit checks from our network of ATMs in Maine, New Hampshire & Vermont.
1 Internet service provider fees and/or mobile carrier fees for messaging and data plans may apply.
2 To qualify for Mobile Deposit, customers must maintain a Bank deposit account in good standing for 60 or more days and are enrolled in Online Banking. Deposit limits and other restrictions may apply.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Our Customer Service Center is open and ready to assist you. You can reach them by calling 888-853-7100.
For Business Customers
If you are a business customer or business owner, please contact your Commercial Lender for assistance. They can discuss the relief options, including government-sponsored SBA options, that are available and will develop a solution specifically for your needs.
For Mortgage Customers
If you are a consumer who has questions regarding mortgage loan payment options, please contact our Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100, and they will connect you with a dedicated team member who will work with you to review all of the options available and build a solution for your particular situation.
These sites can be a resource for you to obtain the latest information:
- State of Maine Update and Resources
- State of New Hampshire Update and Resources
- State of Vermont Update and Resources
- IRS: Economic Impact Payments
- usa.gov: COVID-19 Resources
- The Center for Disease Control
- The World Health Organization
Beware of scams
- Be aware of specific coronavirus related scam information by visiting the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
- Never provide your login ID or passwords in response to an unsolicited request that you receive via email, text, or phone. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust will never ask you for this information without your prompting.