Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is looking for photos that capture the beauty of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont to be featured in the Bank’s 2024 desk calendar! Up to 14 winning photographs will be selected, and each photo selected will earn the photographer a $150 gift card.
Entries will be accepted from June 15-August 11, 2023.
What we are looking for:
Photographs submitted for the contest must be your original work and be scenic shots taken in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont. Entries may not contain people, alcohol, drugs, or any illegal or inappropriate behavior.
- 600 dpi minimum
- Photographs must not be smaller than 600 pixel wide x 500 pixel high (or 8.333 inches wide x 6.944 inches high)
- Landscape or portrait orientation will be accepted, but please note that the final image will be cropped to the specifications stated above
- Preferred file types are jpg, png, pdf, or tiff
To enter the contest:
- Download and complete the 2024 Calendar Photo Contest Entry Form.
- Email the completed form and your photograph(s) to BHBTSocial@barharbor.bank by 11:59 pm ET August 11, 2023.
See below for complete contest rules. All entrants are required to read and agree to the complete contest terms and conditions.
2024 Calendar Photo Contest Official Rules
By entering the 2024 Calendar Photo Contest, you, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules set forth herein.
1. Eligibility: The 2024 Calendar Photo Contest (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of their date of entry in this Promotion in order to qualify. No purchase necessary. This Promotion is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Bar Harbor Bank & Trust's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is Bar Harbor Bank & Trust (“Sponsor”). Sponsor will conduct the promotion substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this Promotion, the Entrant (“You” or “Your”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Promotion.
4. Promotion Entry Period: This Promotion begins on June 15, 2023 at 8:00 am ET and ends on August 11, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET (“Promotion Period”). To be eligible for the Promotion, entries must be received within the specified Promotion Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible Entrants can enter Promotion one (1) time. To enter:
- Entrant should complete the 2024 Calendar Photo Contest Entry Form, which can be downloaded at www.barharbor.bank/calendar, and email the entry form and up to two (2) photographs to BHBTSocial@barharbor.bank. Each photograph entered in the Promotion should adhere to the following specifications:
- 600 dpi minimum.
- Photographs must not be smaller than 600 pixel wide x 500 pixel high (or 8.333 inches wide x 6.944 inches high).
- Landscape or portrait orientation will be accepted, but the final image will be cropped to the specifications stated above.
- Preferred file types are jpg, png, pdf, or tiff.
6. Additional Entry Rules: All entries must follow these guidelines:
- Entries must be the original work of the Entrant.
- Entries must be of photographs taken in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont. Entries must be scenic shots from one of these three states.
- Entries may not contain people. Entries that contain people, even if undistinguishable, will be disqualified.
- Entries may not contain: alcohol, drugs, or any illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
7. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Promotion (the “Winner(s)”) will receive a $150 MasterCard or Visa gift card per winning photograph (up to 2, for a total of $300). Up to 14 Winners may be selected by Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner(s) grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
8. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
9. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by email or phone within ten (10) business days following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible, nor shall have any liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email, telephone or internet technical or network errors. Nor shall Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within ten (10) business days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed affidavit of eligibility and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected.
10. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry into this Promotion, You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about Bar Harbor Bank & Trust and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration. You agree to grant the Sponsor the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish the winning photographs in perpetuity. You further agree that You will not allow or let another business other than the Sponsor use winning photos for any purposes. Winning photos may also be used in future advertising, lobby displays, social media outlets, and on the Sponsor’s website.
11. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Promotion for any reason, including but not limited to, non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which may impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Promotion.
12. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Promotion constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram and/or the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Promotion and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
13. Disputes: THIS PROMOTION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF MAINE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion). The Entrant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner names or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via email to: BHBTSocial@barharbor.bank and include “2024 Calendar Photo Contest Winners” in the email subject line. Requests must be postmarked no later than November 10, 2023 at 5:00 pm ET.
15. Facebook and Instagram Rules: The Promotion hosted by Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
16. Contacting the Sponsor. If you wish to be removed from any future contest mailing lists you may contact the Sponsor by writing or calling: Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, P.O. Box 400, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, 1-800-853-7100.