For more than 135 years, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust has contributed to the economic health and vitality of the communities we serve, and we are proud that our employees are involved in the communities in which we live and work. Each year, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust employees volunteer countless hours of their time on community projects, serve on nonprofit boards, and support local activities and events. In addition to our extensive charitable efforts, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust supports community activities and events through sponsorships and partnerships.
Volunteer service, event support, and local community activities are primarily supported for organizations operating in the following regions:
- Maine: Hancock, Kennebec, Knox, Penobscot, Sagadahoc, Somerset, Washington
- New Hampshire: Grafton, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Sullivan
- Vermont: Orange, Rutland, Windsor
What We Support
Every day Bar Harbor Bank & Trust works to strengthen existing connections and create meaningful new ones as well. We strive to give back to our communities and every day we try to help improve the places we call home. We truly believe that good things happen when we work together. We partner with terrific organizations in supporting:
- Affordable housing
- Economic development
- Financial literacy
- Arts and culture
- Youth and family
- Health and human services
We also lend technical expertise, experience and guidance to many other vital community organizations, and enthusiastically invest many hours in volunteer activities. Organizations should propose activities that benefit a specific community program or initiative rather than support of general operations.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust will not sponsor events or activities organized by entities that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We do not generally provide financial support for:
- Activities with limited access for the general public
- Annual appeals
- Government agencies
- Individual/adult teams and associations
- Lobbying groups
- Political activities or political parties
- Religious and labor organizations
- Third-party solicitations
- Underwriting for travel expenses
- Events centered around alcohol consumption
- Programs operating outside our geographic service area
How to Apply
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust utilizes a web portal for sponsorship requests. You can access the portal by clicking the link below. We require a two month notice to consider requests.
- Requests must be submitted online through the portal.
- We will not accept paper or email requests.
- Applicants must be a community organization in good standing.
- Please submit well in advance (at least two months) of an event or program initiative.
If we can assist in answering any questions, please reach out to Sarah Catanese, VP, Colleague & Customer Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-853-7100 x16795.
Sponsorship priority is provided with the following in mind:
- Have an established customer relationship with Bar Harbor Bank & Trust.
- Includes promotional benefits and brand exposure opportunities.
- Have had employee(s) engaged through volunteering or board service in the recent years.
- Please complete the entire form with as much detail as possible.
- Attach supporting documentation, such as cover letter, sponsorship form, event brochure, and/or promotional package.
- Attach the organization’s IRS Form W-9 if you have not received support within the past three years.
- Following the completion of the request, a confirmation email from email@example.com will be sent to you.
- Please allow a minimum of 60 days from the time of the request for donations and sponsorships to be considered.