Certificates of Deposit
A Certificate of Deposit is a great option for businesses because they allow your company to get the security of fixed returns at competitive interest rates. We'll work with you to determine which of our many CD options best suits your needs. At Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, you can:
- Open a CD with as little as $500; terms from 1 month to 5 years.
- Make incremental deposits of $250 or greater for terms 1-11 months.
- Make one fee free withdrawal per term if you have an Advantage CD. $10,000 minimum balance to open, terms of 1-9 months available.
Visit your nearest branch or contact our Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100 to learn about current rates and other specials.
Current CD Specials
5-month CD or IRA CD
For a limited time, you can take advantage of great interest rates with the following CD special:
- 5-month CD with a fixed interest rate of 2.75% annual percentage yield (APY)1 for customers with a personal or business checking account with Bar Harbor Bank & Trust
This CD special requires a minimum opening deposit of $500. It is also available as an IRA CD.
To take advantage of this special, visit your nearest branch.
5-5-5 IRA CD
Our 5-5-5 IRA CD1 account is great for anyone looking for a risk-free retirement savings option offering solid returns. The account features a 5-year term and 5 great rates, with a $5,000 minimum deposit.
The 5-5-5 is a rising rate IRA CD, which means the annual percentage yield (APY) will increase at the following intervals each year of the 5-year term:
- Year one: 0.30%
- Year two: 0.60%
- Year three: 0.90%
- Year four: 1.20%
- Year five: 1.50%
The blended APY is 0.89%
The 5-5-5 IRA CD requires a minimum opening deposit of $5,000 and is available to customers with a Bar Harbor Bank & Trust personal or business checking account. The product is only available as an IRA CD.
To open a new 5-5-5 CD IRA, visit your nearest branch.
Insured Cash Services
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®, or CDARS® and Insured Cash Sweep® Service, or ICS®
- Access to multi‐million dollar FDIC insurance
- The ability to forego ongoing collateral tracking
Learn more about Insured Cash Services
Small Business Retirement Planning
If you are self-employed or own your own business, retirement planning is an important part of your business plan. We offer SEP IRAs that you can open for the benefit of your employees, or to benefit you as a self-employed individual.
Also, our Bar Harbor Financial Services team is here to help. Visit our Small Business Retirement Planning page to learn more.