We want every business owner and entrepreneur who comes to us for financing for their business to be our next best client. Small businesses are the life blood of every community, and your success helps our communities grow and prosper. Our investment in you and your business is an investment in our community.
Why Choose Us
There are lots of banks who will loan you money for your business, but there are several reasons why Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is the partner you need.
Fast, Local Decision Making
Entrepreneurs do everything for their business and securing financing is just another task on a long to-do list. That’s why we have streamlined our approval process to help you get the financing you need fast. For many of our small business clients, the process to apply, get approved, and get a loan can happen in a day or two.
We invest in and value long-term customer relationships. Our bankers take the time to truly understand your business and respective goals and challenges. Even after we approve your financing, we will be there to answer any questions you have or offer whatever assistance or guidance you might need.
Unlike the experience of borrowing from larger financial institutions, you will really know your banker when you work with us. Our bankers are more than just a name in your email inbox or voicemail. We are trusted advisors that you can sit down with during the application process and any time after.
Small business loans are underwritten on a case-by-case basis. Every loan application is unique and evaluated on its own merits. Rates vary depending on the loan product.
What We're Looking For
We use the 5 Cs of Credit to guide our decisions on what loans we approve. Those are:
- Cash flow – your income or revenue compared to recurring debts
- Collateral – the assets you pledge as security for repaying your loan
- Capital – your financial contribution to your business beyond the loan amount
- Conditions – indicators of success outside of income, which may include longevity of your business, how your industry is performing, and future job stability
- Character - your reputation or track record for repaying debts, which is reflected in your credit reports
Check out the video below to learn more about the 5 Cs of Credit.
Ready to Get Started?
If you need financing for your business, we’re here to help.