Certificates of Deposit
A certificate of deposit (CD) is an FDIC insured1, interest-bearing bank deposit that is held for a specified period of time. In exchange for depositing your money for a specific period of time, the bank pays a fixed interest rate that’s often higher than the rates offered on savings accounts.
At Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, you can:
- Open a CD with as little as $500; terms from 1 month to 5 years.
- Make incremental deposits of $250 or greater for terms 1-11 months.
- Make one fee free withdrawal per term if you have an Advantage CD. $10,000 minimum balance to open, terms of 1-9 months available.
Visit your nearest branch or contact our Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100 to learn about current rates and other specials.
Insured Cash Services
Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service®, or CDARS® and Insured Cash Sweep® Service, or ICS®
- Access to multi‐million dollar FDIC insurance
- The ability to forego ongoing collateral tracking
Small Business Retirement Planning
If you are self-employed or own your own business, retirement planning is an important part of your business plan. We offer SEP IRAs that you can open for the benefit of your employees, or to benefit you as a self-employed individual.
Also, our Bar Harbor Financial Services team is here to help. Visit our Small Business Retirement Planning page to learn more.