Certificates of Deposit & IRAs
Certificates of Deposit
A certificate of deposit (CD) is an FDIC insured1, interest-bearing bank deposit that is held for a specified period of time. In exchange for depositing your money for a specific period of time, the bank pays a fixed interest rate that’s often higher than the rates offered on savings accounts.
At Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, you can:
- Open a CD with as little as $500; terms from 1 month to 5 years.
- Make incremental deposits of $250 or greater for terms 1-11 months.
- Make one fee free withdrawal per term if you have an Advantage CD. $10,000 minimum balance to open, terms of 1-9 months available.
Current CD Specials
We are currently offering the following CD specials:
- 8-month CD with a 0.70% annual percentage yield (APY)1 for customers with a personal Relationship Rewards Checking account
- 8-month CD special with a 0.45% APY1 for customers who have a Simple Checking or E-Choice Checking account
The CD specials requires that you have a minimum opening deposit of $1,000.
Don’t have a Bar Harbor Bank & Trust checking account? Learn more and open an account today by visiting www.barharbor.bank/personal/checking.
Visit your nearest branch or contact our Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100 to learn about current rates and other specials.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are specifically set up to be used during retirement by offering significant tax advantages. The sooner you start saving, the longer your money has to grow.
There are several IRA CD types to choose from with terms of one to five years: Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, and SEP IRA. Looking to lock in a guaranteed return for the term of your IRA? CD IRAs from Bar Harbor Bank & Trust are FDIC insured.2
We can help you understand your IRA options and choose the account that works best for you. Stop by your nearest branch or call us at 888-853-7100 to get started.
1Interest rates and annual percentage yield are accurate as of July 1, 2020.
2Bank Deposits such as CDs and IRA CDs are insured by the FDIC up to the applicable limits.
Interest bearing accounts earn interest on all positive balances. Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month. Certificate of Deposit early withdrawal penalties may apply and reduce earnings on the account.