Lost or Stolen Card
Is your card lost or stolen? Please call ASAP!
888-853-7100 during business hours
833-337-6075 after hours
614-564-5105 after hours (calling from outside the US)
If you identify any fraudulent transactions on your account, please remember to contact the bank immediately– this will proactively prevent any further fraud from occurring. You will limit your liability for any fraudulent charges that have already posted to your account as well as prevent any future fraudulent activity1.
We offer a full dispute resolution service that can be reached by:
- Calling the Customer Service Center at 888-853-7100
- Visiting your nearest branch
- Writing to us at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, Attn: Fraud Management at 201 Main Street, Bangor, ME 04401
We monitor for unusual card activity on behalf of our customers. If we detect suspicious or out of pattern activity, we will make every effort to contact you and verify the activity; if we can’t reach you, a temporary block may be placed on your card for your protection.
Fraud Protection Tips
Being aware of scams and solicitation for fraudulent purposes goes a long way in protecting your personal information. Scams are perpetrated any number of ways, arriving via the internet, telephone or traditional mail and designed to make you act impulsively. Visit our Security page to learn about common scams, online threats, identity theft, and more.
Other tips include:
- For more information about protecting your security, privacy and account information please visit www.onguardonline.gov. We encourage you to use the information in this link to identify and mitigate risks that could harm the safety and security of your information and your accounts. Because thieves and fraudsters are constantly changing and updating their methods, you should periodically revisit this link to get new protection ideas.
- It's important to keep an eye on your credit information to prevent becoming a victim of identity theft and fraud. You are entitled to one free Personal Credit Report in a 12-month period. To request this free annual report visit www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Please review your account(s) on a regular basis for any unauthorized transactions. You can do this by viewing your monthly statements, or reviewing your transactions through Bar Harbor Online or Bar Harbor Mobile.